Ducklington is one of the first Saxon parishes to be recorded in Oxfordshire when in AD 958 King Edgar the Peaceable granted land to his Minister.
The parish has around 1600 residents, two public houses, a beautiful historic centre which is a designated Conservation area, a thriving primary school, active Sports Club and a multitude of other village organisations – it is a great place to live.
The modern village still has a traditional English feel about it – the Ducklington Morris dance regularly, there are bell ringers and once a year the famous Fritillary Sunday festival.
Although the village of Ducklington lies to the south of the large town of Witney it is still very separate and distinct. This is now mostly due to the A40 which now enforces the separation.
The village centre is largely unspoilt and a great place to start a walk or cycle. There are two public houses and a separate car park and easy access to the river Windrush, the Windrush Path and the nearby bird hide and lakes.
Ducklington has existed as a manor or parish since the middle of the 10th-century when it was granted by King Edgar to one of his ministers, and although the parish boundary has been altered over the centuries, the present parish retains the majority of the land granted by King Edgar. more >
Latest Ducklington News
- ROBERT COURTS MP
- LEADERS UNITE AGAINST A SINGLE UNITARY PROPOSAL
- BETTER OXFORDSHIRE – FINAL UNITARY PROPOSAL
- IS WEST OXFORDSHIRE TOO GOOD TO LOSE?
- A FRESH START FOR OXFORDSHIRE
- MINUTES OF PC MEETING 04/01/17
- MINUTES OF PC MEETING 30/11/16
- ROAD TRAFFIC IN THE VILLAGE AND THE BY-PASS
- MINUTES OF PC MEETING 02/11/16
- MINUTES OF PC MEETING 14/09/2016