Ducklington Parish Council is looking for someone to take the lead in resolving the surface water problems we experience in the village.
The Parish Council has concluded an extensive period of investigation and after several reports and joint meetings with the District and County Councils are proposing a volunteer working group, similar to those already in operation elsewhere in the county.
The working group will be lead by a paid co-ordinator and fully equipped with tools and safety equipment from the County Council.
The co-ordinator will be expected to;
- Recruit and retain volunteers
- Co-ordinate duties and work schedule of working parties and volunteers
- Report any highways remedial work to OCC (beyond simple siding / clearing)
- Train and supervise the safe working of the volunteers – maintaining good practice
- Be responsible for the parish tools and safety equipment
- Report progress to the Parish Clerk
- Present the work of the group at Fritillary Sunday, Annual Parish Meeting and Annual Show
- Clear, dig and complete the ditch clearance work as required and instruct others.
It is estimated that this role would take 12H per month with some extra hours for training and presentations during the year. This role is for 6 months initially with a view to it becoming a continuing role if the project is successful.
If you are interested
We are looking for interested people to get in touch for a discussion, If you are interested in this role please get in touch with the Parish Clerk.
We are also looking for volunteers more >