Have your say on Ducklington Lane transport proposals
The County Council have asked for your views on proposals to tackle congestion at the Ducklington Lane / Station Lane junction between the ESSO/TESCO and SHELL petrol stations.
Ducklington Parish Council has long campaigned for improvements to be made to this junction as it causes significant delays and congestion around the village at peak times. It is important that as many people as possible give their feedback or support.
The proposed improvements will be on display at the Wesley Room, The Methodist Church, High Street, in Witney on:
- Friday 12 July – 3pm to 7pm
- Saturday 13 July – 10am to 5pm
“The proposals are part of a wider vision for Witney which were approved by the county council’s Cabinet in March this year. I would urge anyone with an interest in the future of transport in their area to get along to one of the exhibitions or take a look online.” – County Councillor David Nimmo Smith, Oxfordshire County Council’s Cabinet member for transport,
Some highlights of the scheme include;
- Providing safer pedestrian crossing facilities on Ducklington Lane north and Station Lane;
- Reducing congestion and delay by increasing the number of lanes at the junction approaches and through the corridor;
- Improving wider traffic movements, including access to and from the A40, by optimising signal timings and road markings, making more efficient use of road space
- Adding signals to the A40 exit slip
If you are unable to attend the exhibition, a copy of the exhibition boards and comments form is available to view on the county council’s website at myconsultations.oxfordshire.gov.uk